The students are given with assignments, to understand the applications of a concept, soon a concept / Chapter / Unit is completed. A few projects carried out with a research paper publication initiative. Remedial classes are conducted for Academically Backward students. The department is always in forefront to adopt the new technology to meet the needs of Industry to provide better education the students. The students of the department are allowed to participate in Intra and Intercollegiate level paper presentation, technical Quizzes and Project work competitions. They are also allowed to participate in literary competitions, cultural activities and Sports and Games to boost their social morals. The students bought laurels to the Department and to the college, in turn.
Apart from the students, the faculty is encouraged to participate in Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Faculty Development Programmes and Short Term Training Programs to improve their conceptual and teaching pedagogical skills and advancement in the career.
To get rid of aggressive competition in industry for placements, along with the academics we foster and train the students in the field of communication and Soft Skills too.
Manhattan Review, Monster College, CoCubes.com are providing Campus Placements & Recruitment Trainings for UG and PG Students. Campus Recruitment Training (CRT) classes are conducted separately along with semester course work. Four CRT-classes are conducted every week by specially trained faculty from II year of B.Techprogramme to Final Year B.Tech.
To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering profession with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong and quality Engineers on foot for construction Society
• To generate a specialized flock of Civil Engineering by imparting training through the state of the art laboratories to eco the nation and society.
• To providing professional civil engineering to find solution to community, regional and global problems and accept new challenges in rapidly changing technology.
• To create competent professionals who are trained in the design, and development of civil engineering systems and contribute leadership towards research & development activities.
C. Manikanta Reddy
HOD,Department of Civil Engineering.
• SURVEYING LAB
• STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LAB
• FLUID MECHANICS AND HYDRAULIC MACHINERY LAB
• ENGINEERING GEOLOGY LAB
• GEOTECHNICAL LAB
• CONCRETE AND HIGHWAY MATERIAL LAB
• ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING LAB
|2||V V S Sarma||M.Tech|
|12||Pratik Prakash Kulkarni||M.Tech|
|15||M. BabuRajendra Prasad||M.Tech|
|33||S Papa Rao||B.Tech|
Long term goals:
• To establish a training, consultancy and testing centre in the department for interaction with local industries.
• To have collaborative programmes with reputed industries and laboratories.
• To establish the department as recognized and well-known research centre in different areas of Civil Engineering.
Short term Goals:
- To modernise all laboratories and keep them up to date considering the latest requirements and also developments in different areas of Civil Engineering.
- To shape students as industry ready professionals.
- To encourage faculty members to get involved in research programmes leading to award of Doctorial Degree.
- To develop rapport with the professionals of the industries.
- To encourage faculty members to have interaction